7th to 15th Feb 2015 will herald the vibrancy, drama, excitement and the beautiful colours of culture. Kala Ghoda Arts Festival invites you all to come and experience a kaleidoscope of music, dance, theatre, literature, street stalls, films, workshops for adults and children, visual arts and heritage walks. Nine joyful days to refresh your mind, inspire your senses and feel exhilarated!
- The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival,now in its 16th year, is a community celebration of the arts within one of the most beautiful and historic precincts of Mumbai, The Kala Ghoda Art District.
- It is open to all, free of charge.
- It has traditionally offered various programmes in Visual Art, Urban Design & Architecture, Music, Theatre, Dance , Street Acts, Heritage Walks, Literature and Workshops for children as well as adults
- The Festival has grown exponentially, and is hugely successful, drawing over 150,000 people from all over the city to 350 events over 9 days. Tourists from all over the world plan their trip to Mumbai to witness the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival.
- Funds raised from the festival go towards the restoration and upkeep of the area. Several heritage buildings and institutions in the area have benefited from this.
THE FESTIVAL VENUES
- The Kala Ghoda festival is conducted over 9 days and across several locations.
- Children Programs are held at:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya – The Museum Lawns,
- Dance Programs are held at:
Cross Maidan Garden
- Cinema programs are held at:
Coomaraswamy Hall (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya)
BNHS Auditorium (Bombay Natural History Society) Gallery Beyond
- Food programs are held at:
- Literature programs are held at:
David Sassoon Library Garden
- Street programs are held at:
- Music programs are held at:
The Asiatic Library Steps
- Visual Arts installations are located at:
Hacienda Art Gallery
- Workshops are held at:
- Theatre Programs are held at:
Horniman Circle Garden Max Mueller Bhavan, Ground Floor
M. C. Ghia Hall
- Urban Design & Architecture Programs are held at:
Visitors Center Auditorium – CSMVS